Introduction of FPC Cable and its usage
1. Functional use of FPC cable
The function of the FPC cable is to connect two related parts or products. Many products use FPC cables, such as printers, mobile phones, notebooks, etc.
2. The composition and parameters of the FPC cable
The composition of the FPC cable is the same as that of the FPC. The FPC cable is generally elongated, and the two ends are designed as pluggable pins, which can be directly connected to the connector or soldered to the product. The base material is generally made of rolled copper, which is resistant to torsion and flexible.
FPC Cable parameters: the minimum line width and line spacing is 3mil; the minimum via hole reaches 0.15mm.
3. FPC finish process
The surface treatment process used in the FPC cable generally adopts the immersion gold process; in addition, there are processes such as tin immersion and HASL-LF.
The advantages and disadvantages of FPC cable
(1) It can greatly reduce the volume and weight of electronic products, and is suitable for the development of electronic products in the direction of high density, miniaturization and high reliability.
(2) It has been widely used in aerospace, military, mobile communications, laptop computers, computer peripherals, PDA, digital cameras and other fields or products.
(3) It can also be arbitrarily arranged according to the spatial layout requirements, and can be moved and stretched arbitrarily in the three-dimensional space, so as to achieve the integration of component assembly and wire connection.
(1) Since the FPC is designed and manufactured for special applications, the manufacturing cost is high.
(2) It is best not to use it when it is applied in small amounts.
(3) maintenance in the later period is essential, and soldering and rework require trained personnel to operate.
Storage of FPC cables
First of all, the vacuum package of the FPC board cannot be damaged. When packing, a layer of bubble film needs to be surrounded on the edge of the box. Of course, moisture-proof beads are also indispensable.
Secondly, after sealing, the box must be separated from the wall and stored in a dry and ventilated place, and avoid sunlight.