The key points that affect the service life of soldering iron tip
The life of the Soldering iron tip life is determined by the number of solder joints, and the length of the guaranteed life determined by the thickness of the coating on the tip. The thicker the coating, the longer the life of the Soldering iron tip life, but the heat conduction efficiency will greatly reduce the soldering iron tip life. For the soldering iron tip of the same temperature series, the thinner tip has a shorter life than the thick soldering tip. Because the soldering iron tip is working, it will inevitably cause wear on the surface of the soldering iron tip life. Therefore, the thinner tip is more prone to wear, which reduces the tip life.
Key points that affect the service life of the soldering iron tip
1. The higher the content of the solder wire flux used in the soldering operation, the shorter the service life of the soldering iron tip.
2. The soldering temperature is also an important factor affecting the service life of the lead-free soldering iron tip. The higher the soldering temperature, the shorter the service life of the soldering iron tip. (When the temperature exceeds 350℃, the oxidation rate of the soldering iron tip is twice the normal soldering temperature).
3. The thickness and compactness of the coating on the surface of the soldering iron tip will also affect its service life.
4. Usage habits are also very important, don't keep it open all the time.
Ways to extend the life of lead-free soldering iron tips
1. When using lead-free solder for soldering operations, due to the heat resistance of the parts and the consideration of safe operation, the set temperature of the soldering iron tip is generally hoped to be below 350 degrees-370 degrees.
2. According to the different welding operations of the electric soldering iron, it is very important to choose the most suitable soldering iron tip. A suitable soldering iron tip can reduce the temperature of the soldering iron tip and increase the efficiency of the operation.
3. Unlike ordinary sponges that contain water, a metal wire impregnated with auxiliary agent is required, which not only does not reduce the temperature of the soldering iron tip, but also has a cleaning effect, and can also remove oxides on the surface of the soldering iron tip. Set the soldering iron tip as low as possible.
4. When not in use for more than 10 minutes, the power supply of the soldering iron should be cut off.
5. When the soldering iron tip becomes black due to oxidation, first remove the oxide with the solder of the flux. If it cannot be removed, soak it first.
6. The metal wire cleaner of penetration auxiliary agent removes the oxides on the surface, and then coats with new solder.