Why is SMT technology so popular
But, surface mount construction is widely used as a large number of benefits are associated with it. It is a method in which components are directly placed on the board, eliminating need for drilling holes to place the elements accurately on the board.
This technique was developed in early 60’s and become popular in 1980’s. There are several reasons responsible for making this technique so popular. You can have a look the most important benefits as follows:
1. A large number of elements can be placed on its both sides.
2. It is a simple and fast method of fastening components on the board.
3. This technique is quite inexpensive when compared to other methods of construction.
4. Chances of errors are very less.
5. Mechanical performance is good in SMT.
6. More components can be placed on the PCB by using SMT.
Simply, it hires services of a reputed service provider to get your circuitry requirements fulfilled in an effectual manner.